Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thrifting for the kitchen it turned out

Hello!

Today was such a glorious autumnal day with sunshine and quite cold but lovely clear air so I felt like going for an outing. Last Saturday I went to the yarnstore here in my city and the lovely C there told me about a large thrift store I had not known about, how could I have missed it? So today it was a perfect day for a visit and again how could I have missed it?

It was a huge store with a barn full of furniture and another large building with paintings, clothes, books, lamps, electronics and everything in glass and ceramics for the kitchen, so what did I get? This:


Not exactly what you would think of for the kitchen, I could just as well come home with some bowls because they had lovely bowls in the 50's glass type that I love (will show you my stash another day). I found this painting that I kind of liked, I didn't have a plan for it, but liked the colcors and the frame is really great!

  
So how did it end up in the kitchen? Well I had this wall with really mixed prints and postcards that I did about a year ago. I was not completely satisfied with it and looking at I wondering I found two faults, one the almost even bottom of the collection, not good with a strait line (it actually looks halt decent in this photo, but worse in real life). The secont thing is that it is too similar, how? I have mixed different colors on the frames so that is ok, but they are all new and the postcard and prints are all newish too and printed on "shiny" paper so there is no depth to it. I do love that I dared to start this wall and hang paintings and things. It is always hard to make holes in newly painted walls...

The buterflies I had in the bedroom and they moved out here when we started to renovate the bedroom, I don't know if they will move back or get to stay here.

Back to my new painting. I entered the house with it in the hallway painted the same wall color as in the kitchen and it just was beautiful together! The blues match and the orange made it all pop. So where would I hang it?


No, didn't work, the other paintings were so small so this made things really tight, what could I do?


Ahhh, much better! Did you even notice the empty wall space there above? No not really me either. I guess I have gotten used to bare walls, we have several since moving here, but on this wall was an ugly old hole where they had had something heavy hung in the plaste so when I turned around and saw that, I just knew!

I really like the way it turned out! I did more really good finds so more post will follow, I will also trace back because I have done a lot of thrifting since moving from my parents house and even more since moving to this house.

Have a lovely evening all!

No comments:

Post a Comment