Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby blanket to N

One of the baby blankets I made last year in sort of a frenzie was this ripple to our newest neighbour and youngest daughter of C and M. It is almost finished in the photo, only one end left to fasten.


N that got this blanket is a bit special to us, I got to see her the minute they came home from the hospital and since living so close by, we have seen her a lot during the year that has passed. At least for a while she was more comfortable with me than her granny, I was her first babysitter when her mother was in a rush, I was also babysitting her and her sisters when she took her first steps and we can get her to smile eventhough she has a really bad day. It is so wonderful to have those little ones so close!

Some details about the blanket, I used the same cotton/acrylic blended yarn as in the J baby blanket. I think I used 4 colors and changed the width of the ripples as I felt like. It was so lovely to crochet this and wonder who it would belong to, how fast it has gotten for us to get to know her parents, how amasing it is to live next door to someone that you like to talk to so very much and how awesome it is to have the best neighbours in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment