Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Js baby blanket


I crochet a lot and last year when our good friends E and J was expecting their number 2 I crocheted a blanket for the baby. It was a he and we got the honour to be his god parents so he is special to us and in two days he turns one, the big boy!


E, Js mother is an artist and nurse who loves color! It was the greatest thing to composing this blanket for her baby boy. I from the very beginning felt that I wanted to use a lot of color and found this cotton/acrylic blend that I actually liked (I usually favoure natural fibres) and that comes in great colors!

If I remember correctly I used 13 colors and I made a pattern that I repeated 2,5 times. I made two granny rows out of each color and it was so easy! It was a really TV project since I didn't have to wath where I entered the needle since the gaps are large enough to feel.  


THis blanket was hugely appreciated and used all the time which to me is the best grade! I was also asked by one in Elins crafting group if I could make one more, I was however busy with another baby blanket that I will show you at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment